Press Releases 2012
The Embassy of the United States of America Introduces a New Non-Immigrant Visa Appointment Service
April 9, 2012
TEGUCIGALPA - The Embassy of the United States of America in Honduras is transitioning to a new appointment service for applicants applying for non-immigrant visas. This new system is being implemented worldwide. The new process is easier, more convenient, and includes everything in one fee.
As of April 16, 2012, all services, including calling for information, scheduling an appointment, and passport pickup at Cargo Expreso offices, will be provided for no additional cost. Applicants will no longer pay for a Personal Identification Number (PIN) to schedule an appointment. Starting April 16, 2012, applicants can either visit the new Call Center website (http://www.ustraveldocs.com/hn) or contact the Call Center to get information or start their application for a U.S. visa in Honduras. The Call Center is the only official source of general visa information from the U.S. Embassy and is the only authorized method to schedule a personal interview for a nonimmigrant visa.
Starting April 16, 2012, Call Center representatives will be available Monday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. and Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. (except holidays)
Local telephone: 504-2202-7730; from the U.S. (646) 259-0557
Agents will provide information in Spanish and English and will:
- Answer callers’ questions on procedures for applying for nonimmigrant and immigrant visas.
- Inform nonimmigrant applicants regarding types of visas and required documents for each type.
- Schedule appointments for nonimmigrant visas.
How to access the Call Center:
- In the new system, applicants will NOT have to obtain a Personal Identification Number (PIN) to access the call center. Applicants may schedule nonimmigrant visa appointments by dialing this new local number.
- Applicants may also pay their visa appointment fee, schedule their visa appointment, and select the passport pick up location from Cargo Expreso online via the new Call Center website (http://www.ustraveldocs.com/hn).
How to pay the visa appointment fee:
- Applicants will now have the option of paying their visa appointment fee online with a credit card through the new Call Center website (http://www.ustraveldocs.com/hn).
- For applicants who wish to pay in person, they must first print an individualized bank deposit slip from the Call Center website (http://www.ustraveldocs.com/hn) and then can pay their visa appointment fee at any Citibank branch location. Applicants can then either make their appointment online or by phone. Applicants will no longer be able to make payments at Banco Atlántida after April 11, 2012. The change in banks is part of this worldwide initiative by the Department of State, and the Embassy offers its thanks to Banco Atlántida for years of excellent service.
How to arrange delivery service of passports:
- All applicants will select a Cargo Expreso delivery office at the time of scheduling their appointment. Those whose visas are approved may pick up their passports from that Cargo Expreso office at no additional cost. There will no longer be a home delivery service.
Applicants who have already scheduled an appointment at Embassy Tegucigalpa (even if their appointment occurs after the April 16, 2012 transition date) should appear at the Embassy on the day of their appointment and bring their visa appointment fee Banco Atlántida receipt.
Applicants who have already purchased a PIN but who have not yet scheduled an appointment should pay their visa appointment fee at Banco Atlántida by April 11, 2012 in order to schedule their appointment by April 13, 2012.
If you have already paid your visa appointment fee at Banco Atlántida but do not have an appointment scheduled, we recommend that you wait and contact the Call Center (http://www.ustraveldocs.com/hn) on or after April 16, 2012. PINs will not be sold after April 11, 2012.
The U.S. Embassy strongly urges all individuals to apply for their visa at least three months in advance of planned travel. The Embassy is pleased to announce this new service which will better meet the needs of all visa applicants in Honduras.