Medical Treatment Visa
In addition to the documents required for a tourist visa, applicants for a visa for medical treatment must present the following documents:
For applicants going for medical treatment:
- Detailed information (issued by the U.S. hospital or physician) about the nature of the illness or disability that requires medical treatment in the U.S.
- Evidence of the projected cost and duration of the medical treatment in the U.S., issued by the hospital and/or physician.
- Evidence of economic solvency of the person who is going to cover all treatment expenses.
- Evidence of the treatment sought, through a Honduran doctor's report explaining necessity for travel, and why it cannot be obtained in Honduras.
- Whether this treatment will require follow-up treatment.
- Receipts proofs that previous U.S. medical treatments were paid in full.
For applicants going to visit a sick relative:
- Evidence of the legal status of the ill relative in the U.S. (proof of citizenship or visa held).
- Evidence that all the medical expenses of this family member in the U.S. have been paid or are covered by an insurance company.
- Letter from the attending physician certifying the illness of the family member.
Please contact our Visa Call Center if you need to request an expedited appointment.