Documents for Visa Application
Please present documents that establish your family, economic, and social obligations to Honduras that will obligate you to return to Honduras. U.S. law also requires that the applicant's situation in his or her home country be the basis for the decision on the visa.
For this reason, we do not base our decisions on invitations or affidavits of support from friends or relatives in the United States.
Suggested documents include:
- Tax documents, receipts, and/or contracts which establish the stability of your business in Honduras.
- Job letter from your employer or school registration with specific dates of work/attendance.
- A letter from your bank, including current and average balances, and your bankbooks.
- Checking account statements for the past three months.
- The "Constitucion de Sociedad," "Permiso de Operación," or "Declaracion de Comerciante Individual" of any business you own in Honduras.
- Previous passports.
- Passports of immediate family members who have traveled to the United States.
- If you have any children applying for a visa, their birth certificates or "partidas de nacimiento."
- In cases of lost or stolen passports, an Immigration Report from the Honduran Immigration Office ("Movimiento Migratorio") with your entrances and departures, plus the police report concerning the lost passport.