U.S. Citizen Services
We also inform all U.S. citizens traveling or residing in Honduras of increased wait times for U.S. Passport and Consular Report of Birth Abroad appointments. The ACS unit strongly encourages all U.S. citizens with plans to travel this holiday season to schedule their appointments with as much anticipation as possible.
Welcome to the American Citizen Services (ACS) Unit at the Consular Section of the United States Embassy in Tegucigalpa.
The ACS Unit in Tegucigalpa is happy to assist all U.S. citizens residing or traveling in Honduras with any of the following services (you may also refer to the menu on the left):
- Emergency Services for U.S. Citizens
- Passport Applications
- Applications for Consular Reports of Birth Abroad
- Information on obtaining U.S. Birth Certificates
- Registration in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)
- Notarial services for documents to be used in the United States
- Social security, veteran's, and other federal benefits
- Important information to know before you travel to Honduras
- General information about traveling or residing in Honduras
- Safety information for U.S. citizens in Honduras
There are also several services that the American Citizen Services Unit CANNOT provide:
- We cannot act as your lawyer, translator, interpreter, personal assistant, travel agent, private investigator, law enforcement official, or real estate agent.
- We cannot provide you or your family with physical protection or private security.
- We cannot pay your debts or fines, resolve property disputes, or interfere in judicial/immigration proceedings.
- We cannot find employment, residence, or schools for private citizens.
- We cannot search for missing luggage, obtain refunds for airfare, or recover lost or stolen property.
- We cannot settle disputes with hotel managers, landlords, or employers.
- We cannot discuss visa cases. All questions regarding visa applications should be directed to the Visa Information Page or Immigrant Visa (IV) Unit.